I hope someone reads this and it helps! 7 years of pain or discomfort gone!
- Two endoscopies
- Multiple physicians
- Blood tests
- Food allergy tests, no allergies
- No crone’s or IBS.
- Food emptying tests normal
- No lactose or fructose issues
- Every diet, food elimination, PPI’s, H2 blockers, literally EVERY antacid.
- They recommended the Linx procedure which I declined.
- Every herb, natural specialist, probiotic, and anyone related to gut health I could talk to. I tried okra supplements, peppermint, ginger, manuka honey, etc. No alcohol, coffee, acidic foods, etc.
Nothing worked. I was tested positive for Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth which mimics reflux. They gave me Xifaxan which helped but didn’t take away the upper abdomen bloating and discomfort after eating. After insurance, it cost me $900 for the antibiotic. And I did that twice!
What helped: I was resistant to the idea at first, but I saw a nurse practitioner who recommended Zoloft. i didn’t want to take an anti-anxiety drug because I’m not a stressful guy and anxiety doesn’t run in the family or anything like that. Normal dosage was 50-150 mg. She told me to take only 25 mg. within 3 days, it’s more or less gone and I don’t take any other meds. She said sometimes for whatever reason the body’s nerves just keep over producing the acid and this just calms it down a little. Stomach feels flat again, and foods are amazing again! Highly Highly recommend!